The best beaches in Positano
Positano is a small, picturesque town located on the Amalfi Coast. It is renowned for its colorful cliffside houses, charming narrow streets, and stunning coastal views. Plus, the beaches in Positano are a great place to relax, sunbathe and cool off with a swim.
The lovely town of Positano
Positano is perched on the cliffs overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea. The town is accessible by the Amalfi Road, but also by boat or ferry.
One of the most distinctive features of Positano is its architecture. The town is characterized by colorful buildings built into the steep cliffs, creating a visually striking and iconic landscape. The pastel-colored houses, adorned with bougainvillea and other flowers, cascade down towards the sea, creating a picturesque setting.
The main landmark of the town is the Church of Santa Maria Assunta often photographed for its beautiful dome and the dramatic backdrop against the cliffs. Positano is also home to numerous galleries, boutiques, and artisan shops.
Overall, this captivating town that seamlessly combines natural beauty, cultural richness, and coastal allure. And the beaches in Positano only enrich the experience of a vacation on the spot.
Best Beaches in Positano
When it comes to the best beaches in Positano, here are some popular choices:
- Spiaggia Grande: This is the main beach in Positano and offers a long stretch of pebbly shoreline. It is conveniently located near the town center and is popular for its vibrant atmosphere and stunning views of colorful cliffside houses.
- Fornillo Beach: Situated just west of Spiaggia Grande, Fornillo Beach is a more secluded option. It is accessible via a scenic walking path or by boat. Fornillo Beach boasts crystal-clear waters and a tranquil ambiance, making it a favorite among both locals and tourists.
- Laurito Beach: Between Fornillo Beach and the picturesque village of Praiano, Laurito Beach is a hidden gem. It is a small and secluded cove that you can reach by boat or by walking down a long flight of stairs. The beach offers privacy, stunning scenery, and a serene environment.
- Arienzo Beach: Located about 15 minutes away from the town center, it is a beautiful and peaceful spot. You can access it via a scenic walking path or by taking a water taxi. Arienzo Beach features crystal-clear waters, sunbeds, and a restaurant serving delicious seafood.
- Marina di Praia: While not technically in Positano, Marina di Praia is a nearby beach worth mentioning. Situated in the charming fishing village of Praiano, this small pebble beach offers a tranquil setting with clear waters and stunning cliffs. It is a great choice for those seeking a quieter beach experience.
These are just a few of the notable beaches in and around Positano. Each beach offers its own unique charm, so it’s worth exploring multiple options to find the one that suits your preferences.
You can reach the beaches in Positano even with a boat trip or by kayak.
Looking for a place to stay during your visit to Positano? Discover our luxury villas on the Amalfi Coast.